CTAC – Monthly Meeting Minutes – October 4, 2017
Meeting called to order @ 6:04 PM.
Members in attendance:
Tad Weinstein (West Haven), Chair
Peaches Quinn (New Haven) Vice-Chair
George Alexander (Hamden), Treasurer
Johnes Ruta, (New Haven), Advisor, Acting Secretary
Laurel Coleman (West Haven) , Advisor
1. September CTAC Minutes (submitted by Johnes). Peaches makes Motion to approve the September Minutes. Tad seconds. Vote carried.
COMCAST Report — submitted by Sharon Codeanne (absent) read by Tad.
- Comcast has donated $2.5 Million to support hurricane relief efforts, bringing total contributions
to nearly $20 Million in cash, funds raised, and in-kind support.
b. FORTUNE Magazine has named Comcast one of the country’s Best Workplaces for Women.
3. FRONTIER Report – Frontier presently has no CTAC representative. Peaches says that she has
spoken with Steve Gimmell, fotmer Frontier delegate to CTAC, who is now in a different
company position. His name should be removed from the CTAC mailing list.
4. CTV – On Saturday, October 7th, there will be a 25th Year CTV Anniversary cookout in the CTV
parking lot – CTAC members are invited.
5. CTAC December meeting will take place on Wednesday, December 13th. 6:00 PM. A location in
Hamden is discussed and chosen to be Luce’ Restaurant on upper Whitney Avenue near Mt. Carmel.
6. CTAC Video Contest status:
Video Contest dates have been extended, as indicated on the Oct. 4th email from George:
Johnes makes Motion to close the debate on Video Contest deadline dates. Laurel seconds the Motion.
Application forms must be submitted no later than Friday, December 31, 2017, 5:00 pm.
All entries must be uploaded and notification to CTAC emailed no later than Wednesday,
February 28, 2018, 5:00 pm.
Winners will be chosen by Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 5:00 pm.
All winners will be notified directly no later than Friday, April 13, 2018, 5:00 pm.
7. New Business – none.
8. CTAC membership open slots: 3 rep slots for each town, + 1 Board of Education slot,
none of three towns is filled at present. + 1 Library System, New Haven – filled,
Hamden and West Haven both open.
7. The next meeting of the CTAC is set for Wednesday, November 1, 2017, 6:00 PM, at CTV.
CTAC meeting is adjourned at 6:55 PM.
Minutes Submitted 10/12/2017 by Johnes Ruta, CTAC Acting Secretary, New Haven Rep #2