CTAC – Monthly Meeting Minutes – May 3, 2017
Meeting called to order @ 6:07 PM.
Members in attendance:
Tad Weinstein (West Haven), Chair
George Alexander (Hamden), Treasurer
Johnes Ruta, (New Haven), Advisor
Ashley Sklar (New Haven Library System), Advisor
1. March Minutes submitted by Johnes Ruta require one correction paragraph 1: Rather than “Frontier Call Center” was moved to Long Island, should be “Cablevision Call Center” Tad makes Motion to accept
March Minutes with this pending change. George seconds this motion; vote unanimous.
April meeting was canceled; there were no April Minutes.
2. COMCAST Report — submitted by Sharon Codeanne.(absent) via George.
- a. Our annual Comcast Cares Day was held on Saturday, April 22nd. Hundreds of Comcast employees volunteered their time on various improvement projects at the Elm City Communities McConaughty site.
b. Comcast was s sponsor of the Junior Achievement of Southwest New England Hall of Fame celebration on March 9th.
c. Comcast was a sponsor of the Connecticut invention Convention to support STEM programs among students on April 29th.
a. The YES Network returned to our channel lineup as on March 31, 2017.
3. Video Contest status: (The Applications and entry process are now live on the cableadvisory.org website.)
No progress made on development due that there was no April CTAC meeting. What next?
George mentions the Hamden Billboard Contest as similar to our Video Contest, but for Hamden residents only.
Tad sent a proposal with a Video Contest Procedure proposal via email some time soon after the March meeting, with instructions for the contest entry step-by-step.
Also following the March meeting, George composed a “blurb” for publicity distribution, sent to CTACForward email, but no other members appear to have received this.
- A FaceBook page is needed for CTAC, and FB Friend Requests need to be sent out and connected.
The Video Contest Entry Deadline in both age categories is October 31, 2017.
The Video Contest Application Deadline is June 30, 2017, but it is agreed that, depending on the volume of entries, that this deadline can be extended, if the volume is low at that time, This point is agreed, Johnes makes a Motion to accept, Tad seconds the motion, and the vote is unanimous.
Contestants will contact videocontest at @cableadvisory.org
4. The next CTAC Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, June 7, 2017.
Meeting adjourned at 6:51 PM.
Submitted by Johnes Ruta, CTAC New Haven Rep #2