CTAC Meeting Minutes July 1, 2020 – ZOOM TELECONFERENCE
(due to virus pandemic)
Peaches Quinn – (New Haven) – Acting Chair
George Alexander – (Hamden) – Treasurer
Yvonne Manning-Jones – (New Haven) – Advisor
Laurel Coleman – (Hamden) – Advisor
Anthony Cardo – (Hamden) – Advisor
Johnes Ruta – (New Haven) – Acting Secretary
Sharon Codeane – Comcast Represntative – not in attendence.
Joe Schofield – CTV Represntative – not in attendence.
Call to order 6:05 pm. Teleconference members on Zoom.
1. TREASURER’S REPORT
George. Alexander states that the bank balance for CTAC’s account is $4,778.35.
No expenditures (or account income) during June. Balance is same as previous month.
Johnes makes a Motion to accept the Treasurer’s report. Yvonne Seconds the Motion,
Vote unanimous to accept.
2. SUBSCRIBER CORRESPONDENCE.
CTAC email box has only spam.
None this month as Post Office has not been visited.
3. CTV Report Joe Schofield – Executive Director CTV – not in attendence.
CTV Offices scheduled to reopen July 3.
4. COMCAST Sharon Codeanne – Comcast Representative – not in attendence.
Comcast Report received from S. Codeanne (received by Peaches Quinn):
Changes to Xfinity TV services per 6/15 notice:
- A couple of channels rebranded (AMC Premier, Urban Movie Channel)
- GSN, Investigation Discovery, Travel, TV Land are now part of Entertainment genre pack.
- Cartoon Network and Tennis Channel now part of Expanded Basic service
- New triple play and double play packages available to new customers 6/16 and existing customers 6/30. Other triple and double play packages will no longer be available to new customers but existing customers will continue to receive then until they make a change or Comcast announces cancellation.
- Xfinity TV and Xfinity Flex HBO customers will now have access to HBO’s new streaming platform HBO max.
- Old Business
- a. CTAC Public Service Announcement: Update L. Coleman – same status
- b. Community Awards – veteran : Update Cardo – same status
- CTAC Facebook page : Update Y. Manning – no updates
– Yvonne notes that the Facebook page has been visited.
- Draft letter to New Haven Mayor
Urging city-wide wi-fi for each town J. Ruta
– letter in progress
– Laurel makes Motion that this letter be distributed to all town mayors and town councils.
George seconds this Motion. Johnes makes Motion for Free city-wide Wi-Fi, and to note
in letter, to specify this Wi-Fi be Un-surveilled Access by police or other authorities.
Peaches seconds this Motion. Vote is carried by all.
- New Business
a. Johnes has brought up issue of phishing emails instructing email recipients to enter
their personal information in order to update their email profile, such as “a new
Comcast email version is being rolled-out.” Johnes makes Motion to have Comcast
Security Abuse Office investigate originating emails which addresses decode as
****@comcast.net which are Comcast subscribers. These are not official Comcast communications and misleading to the public, and to report to CTAC the general progress
of their investigations.
Johnes makes amended Motion to have Peaches request report on this from Sharon
Codeanne. . Laurel adds to this Motion to post an Alert about these phishing emails
on the Comcast monthly bill, and the CableAdvisory.org website. Anthony seconds
this Motion. Vote carried, but for abstention by George Alexander.
George will post this info as a separate window on the website.
Next meeting set for August 5th, 2020, as ZOOM teleconference.
George makes Motion to Adjourn, seconded by Anthony Cardo. Adjourned 7:03 pm.
July 1st 2020 CTAC Meeting Minutes respectfully submitted by Johnes Ruta, (New Haven)
Acting Secretary, July 6, 2020.
Customer Security Assurance
The Customer Security Assurance organization has been established to ensure a safe and secure online experience for Comcast customers. This team is a dedicated group of security professionals who respond to issues pertaining to phishing, spam, infected computers (commonly referred to as
bots), online fraud and other security issues.
- Business Hours: 6:00am – 2:00am EST, 7 days a week
- Contact: 1-888-565-4329
Comcast Legal Response Center
- Location: 650 Centerton Road, Moorestown, NJ 08057
- Business Hours: 8:30am – 5:00pm EST, Monday – Friday
- Contact: 1-866-947-8572
*After Hours Emergency: If you are a law enforcement agent seeking immediate assistance due to imminent loss of life or serious bodily injury, please contact the Comcast Security Response Center (24×7) at 1-877-249-7306.
Report Child Pornography
Child pornography is illegal, and any use of Xfinity services in connection with this material violates the Xfinity Acceptable Use Policy.
If you believe you have encountered photographs, videos, or other content online that contains child pornography, please report the issue to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at report.cybertip.org.
Report Online Harassment
If you feel you are in immediate danger
Contact your local law enforcement immediately and file a report to ensure your physical safety.
If you feel you are not in immediate danger
Please document the incident by collecting information that can support an investigation.
- Emails illustrating the harassment, including the email headers.
- Time-stamped screenshots and URLs that display the harassment.
If you believe we can assist in your harassment investigation, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Harassment Investigation” and attach all evidence you can provide us to support in the investigation.
While Customer Security Assurance may be able to assist, you will be required to contact your local law enforcement agency if you are interested in pursuing legal action, including the identification of a Comcast customer.
If you feel a child is in physical danger while participating in an online activity
The child should first be instructed to tell a trusted adult about the event and then report the issue to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at: www.cybertipline.com
Help Protect Yourself Online
For real-time alerts related to your online security, visit our Alerts page.