CTAC – Monthly Meeting Minutes – January Meeting – January 3, 2018
Members in attendance:
Tad Weinstein (West Haven), Chair
George Alexander (Hamden) Treasurer
Yvonne Manning-Jones (New Haven)
Ashley Sklarr (New Have Library System) Advisor
Laurel Coleman (Hamden) , Advisor.
Peaches Quinn (New Haven) Vice-Chair
Johnes Ruta, (New Haven), Advisor, Acting Secretary
Sharon Codeanne (COMCAST Representative)
Meeting called to order 6:05 PM.
1. December Minutes –
George Alexander makes a Motion to void December Motion to extend Video Contest Deadline.
The deadline dates for applications, entries, and CTAC, were not consistent with the calendar.
No applications had been received until after Christmas. George’s Motion is Seconded by Tad
Weinstein. Vote taken with all members voting yes, but for one abstention by Laurel Coleman.
Two applications were received before the deadline, and one more application was received
at 12:10 AM January 1, 2018. As only two previous applications were previously received,
Johnes makes a Motion to accept this third one, and to then close the applications. George
Alexander seconds this Motion. Vote taken then is unanimously Yes.
2. COMCAST Report: Provided and read by Sharon Codeanne, Comcast representative.
On January 9, 2018, Comcast will launch WRDM HD on Channek 1051 on the Limited Basic tier.
On January 24, 2018, Comcast will launc WTIC-TBD on Channels 935 and 1181 on the Limited
On or around January 18, 2018, Spike TV HD will be renamed a Paramount Network
and Paramount Network HD,
Questions put to Comcast:
1. Johnes asks to please provide Comcast’s Profit figures for 2017, and Comcast’s CEO Salary.
Ms. Codeanne directs the question to the Comcast.com website under Investor Relations
for answers to these questions.
2. Johnes also asks why the Comcast Weather Scan programming at Channel 101 has been dropped.
Ms. Codeanne also directs for an answer to the Comcast.com website.
3. CTV – Frontier is now covering CTV on a single channel selector is moving to separate
channel numbers this month.
- Annual Report – Tad Weinstein is compiling report to submit to PURA – to be submitted by the end
of January.. The filing process has changed and is not more complicated.
5. CTAC Video Contest – Notifications of receipt to contest entrants must be done immediately.
All three entries are in the lowest age category. Request each entrant to identify how they
learned of the contest. Send “Your Application is approved – Please proceed with your
video project. Upload to Youtube,com and provide the URL link, Due Date is February 28
for CTAC viewing” Should CC CTAC Forward email. (Johnes note – this notification
to entrants was done January 4, 2018.)
Peaches Quinn states that her test application as a 16 year-old entrant did not notify her
on CTAC Forward, (Johnes noted receiving this test application.)
5. New Business – Peaches Quinn raises a question as to whether we should use conference call
meetings on an intermittent basis ? For instamce at times of bad whether, snow days,
or during summer ? George suggests possibility of SKYPE conference calling.
Peaches makes Motion that we use conference call capability on a schedule to be determined
through the year as needed. Johnes Ruta Seconds this Motion. Vote taken is unanimous Yes.
6, Correspondence: 1. a COMCAST Customer question – “What is the lowest subscription price?”
2. Johnes asks how Comcast customer checks that come to CTAC – how they got that address?
George’s answer: CTAC address is on the COMCAST Bill, though customers are told not to
send checks to that address…
3. Peaches asks whether Comcast will install Cable access in Community Rooms of Section 8
Housing? She has concern for citizens who have no television exposure, Peaches further asks
“What would be eligability requirements?”
Sharon Codeanne reply: “Comcast Business Services Group might provide this service in
special circumstances.” Peaches: “Who decides?” Sharon replies she will provide contact
information to CTAC. Peaches further concern for citizens’ Literary, Education, News,
and psychological benefits to general socialization.
7. Next CTAC meeting scheduled for Wednesday, February 7, 2018.
CTAC meeting is adjourned at 7:00 PM EDT.
Minutes Submitted 02/04/2018 by Johnes Ruta, CTAC Acting Secretary, New Haven Rep #2